4.9.10

Never work with children or animatronics

They say never work with children or animals, and in this latest experiment of mine, I think that applies to animatronics too. I've always been interested in animatronics, and thought it'd be fun to rig up an old puppet I made with a rudimentary Lego Mindstorms skeleton.

Bearing in mind that most animatronics are remote controlled by skilled artists, and that Mindstorms allows for full automation of movement based on a few simple inputs, I decided to make something that can just sit in a corner until unsuspecting people come near and then start responding to them as best it can. This is how Steve the Seamonster behaved:



Probably with a bit of tweaking he'll become an obedient little puppet, but I kind of feel sorry for having to alter his personality in order to "fix" him. He's so cute when he's badly behaved.

1 comment: